Monday 16 September 2013

Avenged Sevenfold - Hail To The King

Hail To The King is an album I wrestled with buying for a while, but after hearing the lead single, I had to give it a shot.  This album is about at the same level and Nightmare; it's definitely no self-titled effort, but still has its impressive highs that outweigh the lows.  "Hail To The King" is easily the best song of the ten, so there's a reason they chose it to be the big single.  This track shows the growth that came with Nightmare while still still reflecting on some of the lush qualities that came along with Avenged Sevenfold.  As soon as I heard it, I knew this would be it (though "Requiem" gives it a good run for its money, so you better give that one a listen too).  I't's hard to find catchy rock-metal songs these days, but "Hail To The King" has the power behind the words, and guitars that could slay the toughest of foes.  I guess this goes to show that there's always a reason to buy the Avenged Sevenfold albums, so I won't be wrestling with myself anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment