Wednesday 25 September 2013

Britney Spears - Work Bitch

The first CD I ever bought was Britney's Oops I Did It Again...  Oh, the nostalgia of it all.  I've got everything she's ever recorded and will always count myself as a fan, no matter what phase I go through with music, and you can bet I'm pretty excited to see what's she's coming out with next.  "Work Bitch" surprised me when I first took a listen.  It's Britney, but it's something different from her.  It's more grown up, just when you thought her music couldn't grow anymore.  She's come a long was from her "Baby One More Time" era, am I right?  "Work Bitch" displays just as much growth as you could hope to get from Britney.  Gone is the sugary pop, and here we've got a darker, electro-tinged woman who never ceases to amaze me with her music.  I like my pop gritty, and now I've got it, and am waiting eagerly for the rest of the album.

No comments:

Post a Comment