Wednesday 4 September 2013

Keaton Henson - You Don't Know How Lucky You Are

I've been sitting on this little number for a while, trying to decide how much I like "You Don't Know How Lucky You Are" and if I could write enough about it to my satisfaction.  Sometimes I don't realize how good a song is until the only thing I'm doing is listening to it.  Picture a long drive up the highway, with no interesting views and no interesting small talk inside the vehicle.  Those kinds of moments are when you discover the gems of your music library.  That's when I knew what I had simply brushed off before with "You Don't Know How Lucky You Are."

Keaton Henson has vocals made for the indie-folk genre, evident in this track.  With the help of a quivering electric guitar and some acoustic work hiding in the background, we hear a sad story about love that's been lost, but by god, we'd get it back if we could.  The lyrical work of "You Don't Know How Lucky You Are" is heartbreaking, and a good song always knows how to emotionally ruin you for other music.  It's sad, but it's beautiful, just as it should be, and you have to commend Mr. Henson for making something like this.  Not everyone can do the sad-acoustic-love-song piece without standing out from the other fish bobbing up and down in the sea.  By George, we've got it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment