Monday 23 September 2013

Simon & Garfunkel - The Dangling Conversation

What redeems me from going missing for a weekend is something nostalgic from good ol' Simon & Garfunkel.  Their essential collection is really something I could draw posts from for as long as I could.  It's that good, and with two disks full of amazing things...dear god.  Today's selection is "The Dangling Conversation," which may not be known to a casual fan, but now it's one that you've got to promise to listen to.  What I enjoy about their work is that lovely quaint acoustic feeling, and here it is in its most acoustic, quaintness yet.  "The Dangling Conversation" has that clockwork-sounding acoustic work you can find now in Fiona Apple, and with the help of some very lovely strings, it almost seems as if we've been transported to a Disney short, where we have a short time to tell the story, but so much we can fit in with so little.  You feel me?  Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment