Saturday 29 June 2013

Amy Winehouse - Me & Mr. Jones

I finally completed my Amy Winehouse discography a few weeks ago when I picked up Back To Black from Value Village.  While I already have most of the songs already, there were a few I'd been missing out on, and of course, they were all brilliant.  Personal life aside, Amy Winehouse was a stunning musician, and was definitely taken from us too soon.  Who's to know what else she would have given us had she lived longer?  At least we have what she was able to give us, and "Mr & Mr. Jones" is a mighty fine example of her prowess.

"Me & Mr. Jones" is powerful soul, and classic Amy.  It's a torrid love story with some little sweet undertones, but you know, Amy did it in the torrid way.  This is her flavor, and I'll take a double scoop.  The  piano work is brilliant, and really showcases her vocal ability.  Stuff like this has to make you ask the inevitable what if? but how about we instead ask why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment