Friday 13 January 2012

Gobble Gobble - Boring Horror

Before mass confusion erupts, Edmonton's electro-something Gobble Gobble has changed its name to Born Gold, but I will refer to them by their original name, as I have nothing they've recorded under the new moniker.

This isn't the electronic music you might know.  "Boring Horror" is caught between a plethora of genres; I an hear some pop, a little alternative, the obvious electronic elements, and other things I can't quite put my finger on.  Nonetheless, it is effective, and wondrous.  It kind of reminds me of the background music in a cartoony racing video game...a point that usually means the song is for me.  It's kind of Mario Kart-ish in nature.  And the vocals?  A bit computerized and choppy, but I like it.  They fit in with the accompanying music, and I can't get over the six words: that's not what your body said.  Gahhh. I love it.

Despite the name change, Gobble Gobble (or Born Gold) were onto something with "Boring Horror."  There are so many ways that electro can be done...why not go completely out of the box?  Mission accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment