Tuesday 3 January 2012

Yuck - Suicide Policeman

You know the soundtrack to the movie Juno, right?  Well, this song isn't on it.

London, England indie quartet Yuck (brilliant name, I think) brings us "Suicide Policeman," which I think could easily fit in with the folky indie numbers on that soundtrack.  The acoustic guitar is as delicate as ever on this number, and an amazingly beautiful companion to lead singer Daniel Blumberg's soft vocals.  Then what is that other sound?  Yes, that sounds like a few plucks on an electric guitar.  I'm all hit-or-miss about mixing acoustic and electric, but those pangs give "Suicide Policeman" an edge; it's not just some other indie song.  This is subdued beauty, and don't you forget it.

If you conjure a fear, make it loud so I can hear the tambourine
I just want to let you know I could be your suicide policeman
So don't you go until my eyes have left your face

No comments:

Post a Comment