Saturday 21 January 2012

Eluveitie - A Rose For Epona

Eluveitie is coming out with new music!  That's right, you heard me folk-metal-mongers, though I assume you should have heard of such news before.  I'm not going to try to put the explanation of the wondrous "A Rose For Epona" into my own words, instead posting this link (https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150448695755906) for you to click and read up on.  If you don't feel like a history lesson, know that the lyrics, much like others of Eluveitie's work, connect to ancient stories, usually gaulish.

"A Rose For Epona" is a female-vocal-heavy track, but don't worry, there is some growling further into the song.  Both sets of vocals are beautiful in their own right, and I always enjoy the contrast between such a thing when bands attempt it.  Eluveitie doesn't attempt...they do it and do it well.  This is folk metal done fantastically in every spectrum: vocals, instruments, lyrics...the whole shebang.  I think I'm obsessed with the genre again.  Don't let the genre scare you if you're anti-metal though.  This is what beauty in music is.

We're also on facebook now! Like us? https://www.facebook.com///#!/pages/Fromalt2zen/212358558857243

The sky is falling on me
As your hand's turning old and weak
I'm giving myself upon to thee
A futile sacrifice gone sere

No comments:

Post a Comment