Sunday 22 January 2012

Chevelle - Piñata

There are a few bands that I love unconditionally...and Chevelle is one of them.  You know how I got their latest, Hats Off To The Bull, for Christmas?  I've been addicted to it since.  I previously featured "Revenge" from that album, kind of as the track that immediately jumped out to me on first listen.  But with Chevelle, there is always something waiting in the wings, and in this case, it was the near-four-minute "Piñata."

I thought Hats Off To The Bull was more of a throwback to the older Chevelle albums, particularly This Type Of Thinking (Could Do Us In).  "Piñata" is a throwback to the more recent releases they had, in this case being Vena Sera.  The new album truly is a collection of everything I loved about its five older siblings.  You've got the guitars they're known for, vocals rich with emotion, and lyrics that worm their way into your head.  Oh, Pete Loeffler.  You're an alternative god.  Well, I'm going to give this song a few more listens now, so I'll leave you with my favourite part (which was harder to pick than you may think):

I lost my curious side
To follow you
To a bed of angels
Count out this wandering eye
Well lucky you

The devil made you look


And have you liked the Facebook page yet? https://www.facebook.com///#!/pages/Fromalt2zen/212358558857243?sk=wall


No comments:

Post a Comment