Thursday 12 January 2012

Lana Del Rey - Born To Die

Oh, itunes.  I know how you like to provide a plethora of crappy free songs every Tuesday, with only a few exceptions, but you've redeemed yourself this week.  How?  With the absolutely wonderful "Born To Die" by the soulful Lana Del Rey.  I've been aware of Miss Del Rey for a bit, though the only works I'd heard by her had been remixed, and to a degree which I wasn't ready to see what she sounded like on her own.  Once I got "Born To Die," I realized that I was missing out.  A lot.

"Born To Die" is a slowed down number with a modern orchestral sound to it.  It's some kind of askew love story put to song, and I love it even more with Lana's smokey vocals.  There is a sadness to it, but you can still appreciate "Born To Die" nonetheless.  I am still in disbelief as to why I never gave Lana Del Rey a better listen to.  Gah.  What's the point I'm making today?  The one I make every day.  Listen to this if you haven't already.  Soak in the instruments, let the vocals worm their way into your ear canal, sit back, and see what happens.

Choose your last words
This is the last time
Becuse you and I
We were born to die

No comments:

Post a Comment