Friday 6 January 2012

Sweet Thing - Lazy Susan

Canada's own Sweet Thing brought the wondrous "Lazy Susan" to me almost a year ago (February 11, 2011, to be exact).  Though I haven't heard much about them since, I'm glad to have at least one piece of their repertoire via the itunes store.  AND...to those Canadians who used to watch their afternoon children's programming known as "The X," the bassist is none other than Morgan Waters.  Come on.

What shall we call this today?  Modern-throwback-pop-rock.

I use the term "pop-rock" loosely, because once you listen to this (and you will, if you haven't already), you will have trouble using the word "rock" at all.  Rock doesn't rely on the keyboard this much, or seems as cool and subdued as this is.  Ahh yes, subdued.  My new favourite word to associate with music.  Well, anyways, you all know what a lazy susan is.  That rotating wooden thing you'd put in the middle of your dining room table to everyone could reach all of the veggies and dip.  Sweet Thing turns the lazy susan into the real "Lazy Susan," a woman unable to "turn herself around."  And they do it beautifully!

Oh Susie, don't loose your cool, but I'm leaving you on your own. 
Don't tell me you can't be saved, you can find a way to hold on. 
Yeah you've got the world to see, you've got everything that you need. 
But you ain't comatose, so why can't you move? 
I'm all out of sympathy, when you come round, you'll see that I'm gone.

Also watch the music video.  It's not often that I recommend videos, but I do in this case.  WATCH NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment