Sunday 8 January 2012

Memphis May Fire - The Sinner

Come!  Take my hand and follow me on a journey back to the genre that is post-hardcore!  I still have a penchant for the music.  It's what I listened to all through high school, and even though my taste in metal has been evolving recently, I do still enjoy looking back on the genre that has contributed much to my interest in music.  During a casual perusing through youtube, I came across Texas natives Memphis May Fire.  It was love at first listen.

Matty Mullins growls through "The Sinner," from 2011's The Hollow, like this is how he speaks every day.  It's beautiful growling, if you ask me.  And the chorus...is that a few echoes of Rody-Walker-esque vocals I hear?  Wonderful.  "The Sinner" is what you'd get with Matt Tobin with verse duties and Mr. Walker stepping in for that awesome chorus.  My favourite part of the song has to be the recurring screams during the first verse: what will it take?  Now, what will it take for you to listen to some Memphis May Fire?  Don't be put off by certain bands who think they're post-hardcore.  Take the plunge with "The Sinner."  What's the worst that could happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment