Wednesday 18 January 2012

Edenbridge - Higher

Let's get back into the swing of things, shall we?  I've been incredibly busy these past few days, and had fully intended to blog, but stuff happens.  Why not feature something wondrous to make up for it, and why not make it another edition of female-fronted-metal-bands-that-rock.  This time it comes courtesy of Austria's Edenbridge, fronted by the fantastic Sabine Edelsbacher.  Now, this chick has a set of pipes, and you'll see just how wondrous it is in "Higher."

"Higher" reminds me of the older Nightwish a bit, when Tarja was still hanging around.  Sabine isn't as operatic, but she's still got that flavor in her singing.  She, and the remainder of the band, know a thing or two about good symphonic death metal.  You've got a hint of the piano, lush guitars, and nothing down the route of too-thrashy-for-my-taste.  Sabine can come over to my house and sing her heart out anytime, though I still have a girl crush on Annette.  Just listen to me here.  "Higher" is catchy symphonic death metal that is in the vein of Nightwish, but still follows its own tune.  I can't ask for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment