Monday 30 January 2012

Tetrafusion - Shadows

Why am I so excited for tomorrow?  Is it because I only have two classes, or the fact that I'm considering watching Glee's Michael Jackson episode?  No, it's mostly because Tetrafusion is releasing their new album via their website, completely free and completely legal.  Yes, you heard me right!  I haven't looked forward to a release this much since Chevelle's Hats Off The The Bull, which coincidentally was about two months ago.  Anyways, in anticipation, I have chosen to feature another of my favourite tracks from Altered State.  Here is....drum roll please..."Shadows."

This is not the prog metal you might expect from the Louisiana quartet.  What draws me to it so much is the fact that it is different.  And good.  Really good.  You don't need a lead guitar to make metal music.  How about a soft piano, and the intro lyrics rose petals wither on the floor, as I am left to douse the candles and close the door?  You won't hear pangs of Tool here, as you likely did with "The Deserter" (you listened to that, right?).  When the other instruments of the band are introduced, the song still retains its sad atmosphere.  This is fine, melancholy, son.  Here's hoping that tomorrow's Horizons has a few piano-heavy tracks for my liking.  Why don't we all find out together?  After all, it's free, and if it's free, it's for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment