Tuesday 24 January 2012

Gotye feat. Dice Raw - Game of Thrones Freestyle

Sometimes you put on a song...and are at a loss for words.

I will first introduce "Somebody That I Used To Know" by indie fave Gotye, featuring Kimbra (this girl...she sounds like a good Katy Perry).  With a creepy instrumental side, and emotional vocals up to par with emotional lyrics...you have genius here already.  I highly recommend the music video.  One might ask, how could this get even better than it already is?

Now I will reintroduce Dice Raw, Roots contributor, Grammy-winner and the fantastic force behind the previously featured "Time Flies."  Mr. Raw takes "Somebody That I Used To Know" and records his raps over the previously sung verse...and it is freaking fantastic.  There is something about the combination of Dice Raw rapping, Gotye's emotionally charged chorus, and Kimbra's sultry bridge that gets me every time.  I got "Game Of Thrones Freestyle" (Dice Raw's rename) a few days ago, and have so far listened to it about twenty times.  It's bee a long time since I've loved a song this much.  It's just so different from everything that's out there, and I'm always hunting for the most obscure thing there is (blame the music hipster in me).  It's early in the year, but this is so far my favourite song of 2012.

Also, why haven't you liked the Facebook page yet?  What are you afraid of?  https://www.facebook.com////#!/pages/Fromalt2zen/212358558857243



No comments:

Post a Comment