Sunday 15 January 2012

Jhameel - White Lie

San Fran strikes again, this time with indie pop artist Jhameel.  This guy...this guy!  He's a guy who knows what he's doing, and it's a shame that he remains out of the spotlight while other, much less talented artists take over.  It might be the hipster in me, but I enjoy finding hidden gems like Jhameel's "White Lie" that few others are aware of.  This is my treasure.

"White Lie" is a beautiful indie pop number on the most elaborate break-up of all.  Perhaps every lyric is a tiny white lie?  Over the pulse of several instruments, Jhameel explains I just wanna try taking care of my life, I've been working day and night to keep your heart satisfied.  I love you so much, and even though it seems rough, I just need to take some time to go figure out my life.  I think if a guy broke up with me through this song, I'd be popping my shoulders to the beat before I wind up for a left uppercut.  But that's just me.  "White Lie" is sincere in the sense that these white lies soften to blow, but you will come to the sad realization that this love story is coming to an unfortunate end.  And it is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment