Thursday 12 April 2012

IamOMNI - All Over

You should know by now that there's a certain way I like my rap.  Subdued (for the most part).  Interesting.  Unique.  It just has to be something that's not out there yet.  LA's IamOMNI is definitely an artist doing his own thing, which I can commend him for.  I'll say it before and I'll say it again: it's hard to stand out in a genre where everything is slowly melding into one.  With the help of Kassia Conway on the chorus, he achieves exactly what I'm looking for in a rap artist in "All Over."  IamOMNI, I think we're a match.

"All Over" has an alternative feel to it; I know you can hear it.  It might be the electric guitar yawning now and again; though it takes a certain rapper to work their words and beats into a song with that instrument.  IamOMNI's words are spoken in a deliciously low voice, while Ms. Conway croons through the verse in a seductively dark way.  I'm a fan, obviously.  It might be all over, but you'll hope this song never ends.  Why don't more people know about this guy?  That' what I'd like to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment