Tuesday 24 April 2012

Courtney Love - Mono

I'm not opinionated when it comes to Courtney Love, because I don't let external reasons keep me from being a fan of an artist.  Like her or not, we can all admit she's a pioneer for female rockers everywhere.  She might have publicly spoken against her solo effort America's Sweetheart, but I'll speak for the lead single, "Mono."  It's reason enough to get Ms. Love back in a studio and recording.

Well they say that rock is dead, and they're probably right.  99 girls in the pit, did it have to come to this?

"Mono" gives you a few things: catchy guitars, chick rock vocals that are indicative of the genre, and lyrics about returning and being better than ever before. Courtney laments, oh god, you owe me one more song so I can prove to you that I'm so much better than them.  You are better than a lot of the girls who call themselves rockers, Courtney.  Don't you forget that, and make sure you start recording new material soon.  This is why she lead Hole.  This is why she's got that potential.  Don't let her personal life overshadow the music, people.  Listen to "Mono" and enjoy it for the masterpiece it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment