Wednesday 11 April 2012

Ludo - Lake Ponchatrain

You can't really go wrong with Ludo if you're looking for no-nonsense, high energy alternative that you could call "weird."  Sure, Ludo does do things their own way, but we're all a little weird, aren't we?  I'm a fan of their ability to tell stories within their songs; a skill that many bands and artists neglect to nurture in their early years.  Their You're Awful, I Love You has some fantastic examples of storytelling in song, and my favourite of the already stellar bunch just might be "Lake Ponchatrain."

"Lake Ponchatrain" tells the story of the narrator, Darius and Nolan on a road trip through the southern states, discovering the mysterious stories and circumstances that surround the lake.  And there's crawfish 'til the bitter end?  Sign me up for the next tour!  It's upbeat instrumentally, but "Lake Ponchatrain" is dark in content, and that's what I like about it.  It could be the opening number of a musical.  I have always been compelled to write a musical...after failing to make Panic At The Disco's Pretty. Odd into one.  Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment