Saturday 28 April 2012

Protest The Hero - To Porter, With Love

With D&D out of commission in the near future, I can still cling on to my other favourite Canadian band.  If it were up to me, Protest The Hero would be releasing new albums every week and I would force the group into slavery so they can record their many albums in my basement.  Until that glorious day is upon us, I'll have to make due with singles released from the Japanese editions of their album.  According the the faithful resource that is Youtube, Japan gets all of the secret singles and whatnot since people over there pay more for albums.  They've got "To Porter, With Love," people.  They've got it.

"To Porter, With Love" makes you wonder if this is what PTH would be like if the great Rody Walker was MIA.  Yes, it's an instrumental track, but still PTH to the bone.  The near-five minutes contain slick guitar work that reminds you hey, what vocals?  Rody needs a break now and again, guys.  "To Porter" was made exclusive for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment