Sunday 22 April 2012

Dead and Divine - The Bronze Goddess

I'm going to be a it dramatic in my posting today, but it's understandable.  I've been hurt by bands before.  I've gotten over Slipknot, and accepted that they'll likely never release another album, and even if they do, it won't be the same.  But now Dead and Divine?  2012 claims another victim, I suppose.  Today the Burlington natives announced that their May 5th hometown show will be their last.  As long as PTH doesn't decide to disband as well, I'll be okay, but it still saddens me to see another one bite the dust.  Expect tomorrow's Top 10 to be some good ol' D&D, and today's post to be about the song that brought me to one of the greatest bands ever: "The Bronze Goddess."

Say what you want about metalcore, but "The Bronze Goddess" is a flawless execution of what's best in the genre.  Aggressive vocals.  Some cleaner ones thrown in there.  And those guitars...I'm drooling.  I can say the masterful lyrics had a hand in reeling me in as well: I'll play the lover, you play the liar, and we'll lie like lovers do and God said your love would save me somehow, but I've got just one question, where's my savior now? and of course it's impressive how you've managed to destroy my world.  It's just all good.  A story told in lovely proportions, though it's a gritty lovely.  I wish the best of luck to D&D in their future endeavours, as I begin to listen through their complete discography right...now.

No comments:

Post a Comment