Monday 30 April 2012

Fiona Apple - Every Single Night

Ms. Apple is back!  And dare I say it, she's better than ever!  "Every Single Night" is the first piece of new material to come out since 2005's extraordinary Extraordinary Machine, and I don't think I've been this excited for an album release since Chevelle's latest, or their second last release.  Yes, Fiona, you're that far up on my favourite artists list, and "Every Single Night" maintains the position you keep with the big guns.

"Every Single Night" focuses less on the powerful piano riffs I usually like to associate with Ms. Apple.  Instead, the instrumental side of the song takes the subdued route (and I can't be opposed to that), letting her vocals shine.  It's been seven years since these vocals have been heard with new material, people.  How else would you announce your triumphant return?  And the lyrics?  I'm drooling by the opening every single night I endure the flight of little wings of white-flamed butterflies in my brain.  Fiona knows what she's doing here.  I'm on the edge of my seat for the album release.

No comments:

Post a Comment