Tuesday 17 April 2012

Gossip - Perfect World

What's a happy medium between electro indie and just plain indie?  Dance indie.  Three-piece Gossip holds their own in a genre between genres, the perfect combination between the two.  Okay, enough genre talk.  I'm beginning to sound like a hipster.  But I will say that lead singer Beth Ditto is absolutely once of the fiercest females out there, and there need to be more people like her roaming the Earth.  She's got an impressive set of pipes on her too, showing on the first single from their newest release, "Perfect World."

"Perfect World" is danceable indie rock that has a bit of a disco flair to it.  It reminds me a little bit of Moonlight Matters, but with a strong female lead taking the reigns.  It's just Beth Ditto that does it for me.  She's the complete package here.  Find me someone fiercer, and I'll show you a coward.  I'm also a fan of Hannah Billie on those drums.  This is just the way dance music should be done...differently.  Don't think of it as your parents flashback to the eighties.  Instead, think of "Perfect World" as a modernized way of going about the genre.  Add a little indie, throw in a little rock, and there you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment