Thursday 26 April 2012

Richard Cheese - Welcome To The Jungle

I first discovered Richard Cheese when I heard his cover of "Down With The Sickness" play during Dawn of the Dead.  He and his collective have a penchant for covering the likes of the alternative-punk-metal genres in a jazz/lounge act kind of style.  It's something that hasn't been done before, so they've got that monopoly and they're holding onto it.  I'm a fan of a lot of their work, but you could say I hold a soft spot for the cover of Guns N' Roses' "Welcome To The Jungle."

Richard Cheese's "Welcome To The Jungle" is a piano-heavy cover with the horns doing their best to steal the show.  But the real star?  Mr. Cheese's vocals and the way he turns Axl's words into his own.  It's instances like these that make me wish I knew piano, so I could post some crappy vocal covers to Youtube and get my 15 seconds of fame.  But I digress; I'll just live vicariously through other artists and keep listening to what Richard Cheese and the boys have to offer.  C'est la vie.

No comments:

Post a Comment