Friday 13 April 2012

Fanny Bloom - Tes Bijoux

Now and again I still like to throw a French selection your way, and today it comes from Ms. Fanny Bloom from Montreal.  Canadian?  Even better?  Though I hate to sound like a broken record, language doesn't matter when it comes to music.  Audio artists only speak in the language that is music; nothing fancy like French or whatnot.  "Tes Bijoux" which according to my crude knowledge of French translates to the jewels is a prime example of such an occurrence.

"Tes Bijoux" has a quality I like to find in music: an instrumental side that reminds me of the video games of my childhood.  This time it's the soundtrack of a good racing game, like Mario Kart or CTR.  It's poppy, a little electronic, and all fun.  At the same time, the background is a perfect compliment to Fanny's sweet and sugary vocals.  If you don't want to learn French after listening to "Tes Bijoux" then something is wrong with you.  Seek help immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment