Saturday 14 April 2012

Titus Andronicus - Upon Viewing Oregon’s Landscape with the Flood of Detritus

New Jersey's indie-alt collective Titus Andronicus (taken from the immortal bard, very nice) is responsible for getting me back into punky-sounding things since I got a hold of their mixtape, Titus Andronicus LLC Mixtape Vol. 1, via rcrdlbl.  It's an interesting collection of covers and originals that has restored my faith in the genre, and has me hopeful other bands that I can find in the woodwork.  These guys know how to have fun with their music, and despite a long title that might be a little too Fall Out Boy for me, I give my accolades to "Upon Viewing Oregon’s Landscape with the Flood of Detritus."

"Upon Viewing..." is a good three and a half minutes long of punky alternative jamming that doesn't sound like the guys of Titus Andronicus are trying too hard.  You know, some bands get that sound like they want to be alternative and punk when they're not (ahem...Simple Plan...ahem...).  Not these guys!  This is pure punk fused with an indie sound.  Think of "Upon Viewing..." as a basement performance at a small rock venue; the performance you wait until the end of the night to see.  Though I can't say I've read Titus Andronicus, or plan to in the near future, I'll still keep listening to the reverse-namesake band. 

OH ALSO: I'm going to see Iron Maiden at Bayfest this July for my twentieth birthday!  We have VIP tickets too, so I am thismuchcloser to touching Bruce and watching an instant connection pass through our lines of vision.  OMFG.  Expect a full review on their performance, as well as opener Alice Cooper's, three months from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment