Thursday 5 April 2012

Cam'Ron, Vado and McKenzie Eddy - In This Thing

I remember Cam'Ron from back in the day.  I don't remember any songs, specifically speaking, but I remember his name.  Now I have a reason to remember him and compatriot Vado for a longer time to come: the free five-track EP Blu Tops that does one better than stellar and is nothing less than brilliant.  The wonderful McKenzie Eddy helps out on a few tracks too, including the utterly beautiful "In This Thing."

And I don't really care what the people say
Don't understand the things we're in anyway
Inhaling breaths they're forced to take
In this thing here, there's no mistake

I'm a sucker for rap songs set over anything remotely orchestral, and "In This Thing" is just that.  It's also got Ms. Eddy on chorus duty with her dreamy vocals?  Case closed.  Cam'Ron and Vado also inject power into their verses, a reminder that hey, this EP might have been free, but they know you'll be back for more.  "In This Thing" clocks in at less than three minutes, but what a glorious less-than-three-minutes it is.  More, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment