Sunday 8 April 2012

Linkin Park - In Pieces

Linkin Park?  Ehh.  I'll still give them Minutes to Midnight, but everything that came after that was a little too much of the same thing.  They get credit for experimenting on A Thousands Suns, but don't get credit for much else.  Sorry, Chester!  Minutes to Midnight had its moments of greatness, and even almost five years later, I still enjoy a handful of the tracks.  What is the best of the best album from one of the most mediocre bands ever?  "In Pieces," of course.

"In Pieces" is different from a lot of what Linkin Park has done before, the closest thing maybe being its predecessor "In Between," which is also a stellar listen.  It's not in-your-face alternative, and it's nothing too manly to turn off all female listeners, ever (ahem... Nickleback... ahem... Three Days Grace... ahem).  How about I use my favourite word to describe music to describe "In Pieces?"  Subdued.  Chester knows what he's doing here.  I can hear it in his words.  Now this is how you end an album the right way.

There's truth in your lies
Doubt in your faith
All I've got is what you didn't take

No comments:

Post a Comment