Sunday 29 April 2012

Steve Aoki - Cudi The Kid (Mysto & Pizzi remix)

I'm not usually one to post a remix and prefer it to the original.  It's just not how I roll...most of the time.  I've found in the last (almost) twenty years that there is an exception to every rule out there, even the ones I set for myself.  For instance, the run-of-the-mill dance track "Cudi The Kid" by the masterful Steve Aoki (with some help from Mr. Cudi himself, and Travis Barker), can be transformed into something brilliant.  And it can be done by Mysto & Pizzi, two young men about to show the electronic scene who's boss.

The "Cudi The Kid" remix is made into a throbbing, more danceable track (if that's possible) by Mysto and Pizzi.  They inject some depth into it.  Give it a much-needed dose of life.  And don't get me started on the synths.  I have nothing against Steve Aoki, his original just doesn't catch my ear in the way this remix does.  Kid Cudi's vocals are still hanging around, though here it still finds a way to fit in with everything else going on.  I suppose that's what remixes are for: arranging originals to get the new sound, without losing a hint of the original.  That, and to make a bitching dance track.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment