Sunday 15 April 2012

Evergreen Terrace - Wolfbiker

I used to be a big Evergreen Terrace fan.  I still am, but usually bands need to keep my attention with new releases.  I know, I know...I ask for too much.  The Florida collective's Wolfbiker still stands as their best album in my eyes, and one of my favourite purchases over the years.  It's fun metalcore without being too fun, and rife with good songs.  There aren't any fillers here.  There's "Chaney Can't Quite Riff Like Helmet's Page Hamilton," "Where There Is Fire We Will Carry Gasoline," "Starter," and "Rip This," but the title track is in a league of its own.

"Wolfbiker" is fast-paced metalcore with growling and clean vocal parts that compliment each other, instead of competing.  Dat chorus.  OMG.  I can't start to breathe until the walls, the walls, the walls are coming down; can't make believe that this is all because what's lost cannot be found.  You've done it again, Florida.  Though the song clocks in at less than three minutes, it makes use of the short time by reeling you right into their intricate metalcore web.  Dear Evergreen Terrace, release more music soon plz.

No comments:

Post a Comment