Sunday 20 May 2012

Above and Beyond - Perpetuate

Let's keep the music nice and local today.  after all, there's always something fantastic waiting right outside your doorstep, or in this case, 45 minutes down the street.  The music scene in Windsor, Ontario has seen better days, though I've found that it's recently been improving greatly.  Who knew that behind all of the typical punk bands was some good ol' symphonic metal?  Perpetuate knew, and I can only hope now that everyone will know too.  They've got some impressive guitars, and soprano vocals courtesy of Kim McInnis that could make you wonder Annette who?  Why don't you know who they are?

Well, I'll get to their "Above and Beyond," the reason we're all here this warm Sunday afternoon.  It begins with some delicate strokes on the keyboard, catchy guitars, and vocals that conjure the exact image the lyrics want you to see.  The air was cold and damp when I took my first breath, alone and shivering, I knew the world of death.  Kim is a classical vocalist who's found her rightful place in metal, and the band behind her is right up to par.  These are the kind of guitar riffs I drool over.  This is the kind of music that makes me a proud metalhead.  So what the hell are you waiting for?  Fellow metal mongers should already have this queued up on Youtube.  If you're coming from outside the genre, take the leap of faith (I saw a production of Rent on Friday, so sue me).

No comments:

Post a Comment