Wednesday 23 May 2012

A Prayer For Me In Silence - Flogging Molly

At my brother's insistence, I put Flogging Molly's latest Speed of Darkness onto my computer after he picked it up from the mall.  Yes, I love a good Irish ditty, but it's rare that I let other people put music on my computer.  Call me an overprotective mother, if you will.  But I listened to him and copied the CD onto itunes.  After all, I'm supposed to be open to everything, even if I'm just a casual fan of Flogging Molly.  What I found was a very well-done album filled with powerful odes and energetic ditties.  My favourite turned out to be the short-but-sweet "A Prayer For Me In Silence."

My brother tells me that lead Dave King is married to fellow band member Bridget Regan (a Detroit native!), and Wikipedia confirms it.  "A Prayer For Me In Silence" has husband and wife duetting  over a forest's minstrel.  It's rare for me to pass up a male-female duet, and it's Irish nonetheless.  The lyrics are sweet and sincere (eat my heart when you are hungry, I have nothing more to give) and clocking in at only a minute-fifty-four, it has me wanting more.  A lot more.  In a good way.

No comments:

Post a Comment