Saturday 12 May 2012

Some Nights - Fun.

I wasn't sure what to think of Fun. following their hit "We Are Young."  How did we know that this wasn't just luck on their part?  Were they capable of greatness?  Answer: Yes, they were, and they're already one step ahead of us with a flawless album called Some Nights, with a title track that will have you drooling ad might just send you back to church (might, I said).  I heard "Some Nights" on the radio a few days ago after losing all hope in Detroit's only alternative station, therefore restoring my faith in the radio station, as well as alternative music in general.

"Some Nights" is a percussion-pounding, vocal-harmonizing lovefest of epic proportions.  Need  say more?  Okay, I will.  I've listened to this song 30 times since Tuesday night, with projections for "Some Nights" to make it on my Top 25 Most Played list by the end of the week.  It has the catchiness of fun pop, but an alternative edge that sets it apart from pretty much everyone else out there.  The lyrics scream use me as a Facebook status, but in this case, I don't mind.  Lord, I'm still not sure what I stand for, what do I stand for, what do I stand for, most nights I don't know.  This morning, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment