Friday 4 May 2012

Thank U - Alanis Morissette

I'm happy to say, that thanks to Value Village and three dollar used CDs, I've nearly completed the Alanis Morissette discography.  I've so far found that my favourite is the early Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie, filled with angsty tracks of yesteryear and everything under the tree that could be called unique.  Alanis outdid herself there.  You might have heard "Thank U" on the radio before (I'm pretty sure I have), but if you haven't, why not give it a listen now?

Thank you frailty, thank you consequence, thank you, thank you silence.

"Thank U" is a tender side of Alanis, and one I quite enjoy seeing come out through song.  There's a delicate pound on the keyboard (an oxymoron, I know, but what a good one to come up with on a Friday morning), a present drum set and a casual guitar that keeps "Thank U" in the territory that is beautiful.  Maybe sometimes there's no reason to go insane instrumentally, and keep the focus on Alanis and her lyrics.  This lady is my hero. And the video...it kicks some ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment