Thursday 31 May 2012

Tam Za Tumanami - Arkona

It's been a while since I've featured my favourite Russian folk metal mongers in my blog, and frankly, it's long overdue.  After my Arkona t-shirt came in the mail a few weeks ago, I've fallen back in love with the tales of Kievan Rus and Masha's death growls.  Once a folk metal monger, always a folk metal monger.  Today there will be no death growls in their "Tam Za Tumanami" or "There Is A Fog," but it's still the folk metal that I'll never stop listening to.

There may be a fog in "Tam Za Tumanami," but your head will be clear listening to this masterpiece.  Call it more atmospheric than the Arkona you're familiar with, but it's what sets it apart from other songs that makes it special.  Really, anything that takes advantage of the bagpipes is okay in my book.  If only I could speak Russian and sing along...that'll be the day.  But until then, it's just me, my t-shirt that is entirely in Russian and the folk metal music that is awesome, no matter how varied it is.  Sometimes slowed down and atmospheric is how you have to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment