Wednesday 30 May 2012

Take U Home - Meek Mill feat. Wale & Big Sean

We're almost to the end of May with a blog post (almost) every day!  Success!  I am as elated as ever, a feeling I also get when listening to Meek Mill's Dreamchasers 2 mixtape.  As it turns out "Lean With It" was only the tip of the iceberg.  The Philly rapper has plenty of tricks up his sleeves, as well as a boatload of talent that I would love to see in concert.  In the meantime, his mixtape will do.  The standout track, no doubt, would be "Take U Home."

Now "Take U Home" borrows a lyrics or two from the Black Eyed Peas' "Don't Punk With My Heart," but Fergie is put to shame with the lines I wonder if I take you home, will you still be in love, baby, 'cause I need you tonight.  Simply put, this song is about going to the club and trying to bring home a girl with a boyfriend.  Scandal!  But with the help of Wale and the great Big Sean, Meek Mill convinces me and everyone else listening that we're all going home with him.  I'll call the cab now.

No comments:

Post a Comment