Thursday 24 May 2012

Huzzah - Mr. Muthafuckin eXquire

Guess what?  This blog has surpassed 8000 pageviews!  And do you know what sound I made when I saw it this morning?  Huzzah!  Coincidentally, that is the name of today's selection by the best rapper you've probably never heard of: Mr. Muthafuckin eXquire.  Now this guy...this guy...he's someone I'd be friends with.  Why?  You know I like artists who aren't afraid to do their own thing, and Mr. eXquire does his own thing and then some.  On Facebook, he lists his members as "Me, My Penis, My Fist, My Heart and Yo Bitch..." and cites Four Loko as an influence.  He's cool.

"Huzzah" can be see as a song that promotes drinking and whatnot, but if you take music that seriously, you need to stop reading my blog.  I don't listen to Slipknot and start stabbing people, do I?  Mr. eXquire puts it best in the line man, you only live once, might as well throw a fit.  "Huzzah" becomes a song you blast in your car as you drive through the city, shouting all of the words at the top of your lungs.  Just be careful about the words you shout if you drive by a cop.  Again, Mr. eXquire explains himself: disclaimer, I did not make this song to promote the sale of alcohol.  Uhh...I can't think of the word right now, it's like my brain is fucked up from drinking alcohol.  Keep your mouth shut if you have a problem with the content, and just listen and enjoy yourself.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment