Sunday 13 May 2012

Bound To Let You Go - Wild Adriatic

You know what I say: the best music that comes out of the US comes from New York State, and the four-piece Wild Adriatic reinforces that crazy rule I thought would never last.  But it has lasted.  They're some sort of rock quartet that reminds me of late 2011, when I had a short but whirlwind obsession with The Dear Hunter.  "Bound To Let You Go" is in the same vein of rock with soul as "We've Got A Score To Settle" is.  There was no stopping me from enjoying this, plain and simple.

"Bound To Let You Go" starts out subdued (always fine with me), but climbs to an electric-guitar-heavy-vocal-lovefest that might get you out of your seat and get you moving.  If a rock-like song can make you do that, we're onto something here.  The main point of this song is if you found yourself don't worry, 'cause I'm bound to let you go, and if I fall in love don't worry, 'cause I'm bound to let you go.  As it repeats in different ways throughout "Bound To Let You Go" you realize you're not bound to let Wild Adriatic go.  Ever.  Case closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment