Tuesday 22 May 2012

Doubt Full - New Found Glory

Let's travel back in time, say...eight years?  In 2004 I was an awkward twelve-year-old stuck in a split seven-eight class at school and trying to find ways to inject excitement into an otherwise boring small-town-small-school life.  Case in point: I listened to what the radio was telling me and got my hands on New Found Glory's Catalyst.  Though I have to say in 2012, I'm no longer the pop punk princess I made myself out to be in elementary school, those were the days of energetic guitars and lyrics about love, hate and skateboarding.  Catalyst was a good album, and still is, though there's only one track that's stood the test of time and still makes its way onto my playlists.

"Doubt Full."

"Doubt Full" is the darker track of Catalyst, the one that all bands should feel obligated to include on any pop punk album because it usually turns out pretty good.  The track follows doubts surrounding a final, but necessary goodbye. This letter explains everything, the content, it is the truth.  Each word could cut like daggers if I decide to finally give it to you.  New Found Glory teaches us here that goodbyes have to be done, and can be done with a backing choir on the chorus (my absolute favourite part of the whole song).  It's well worth a listen for every genre-freak out there.  Don't you like not having to look up the song lyrics online for once?

No comments:

Post a Comment