Thursday 3 May 2012

Destroya - My Chemical Romance

I'm conflicted when it comes to My Chemical Romance.  I'll give them The Black Parade, an album of pure artistry that came out near the end of my emo phase and the beginning of my time as a metal monger (and what a time that's been).  But it's that iffy, almost poppy sound that has me confused, especially in their latest album, Danger Days.  Maybe I've just grown out of some music.  Who knows?  However, I did find one solid track from that album that's lingered in my head long enough to make it to my blog.  "Destroya."

You don't believe in God, I don't believe in luck, they don't believe in us, but I believe we're the enemy.

"Destroya" is, simply put, fun alternative track.  It's a nice change from all of the heavy stuff out there these days.  Gerard and the boys build up to pounding percussion, vocals that don't quit, and guitars that might sound the same throughout the song, but are in fact quite good.  The chorus is your golden ticket here, delivered with precision.  It gets an A for execution, as it's really what sold me.  What part of "Destroya" will do the same for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment