Tuesday 29 May 2012

Q (The Best One Of Our Lives) - Evans Blue

As an amateur writer, I sometimes find myself thinking "wow, I wish I would have written that."  It's usually with novels that I try to get through (halfway done The Gargoyle now, with no signs of stopping), but now and again it's with a song.  The first time I heard Evans Blue's "Q" (before Matisyn left the band, FYI) I wish I would have written this song.  That's how good it is.  Even five years after 2007's The Pursuit Begins When This Portrayal of Life Ends, "Q" still stands as the epitome of of the alternative genre.

Here you have a few things.  "Q" offers lush guitars, vocal prowess you can only dream coming from a man's mouth, and lyrics that'll have you drooling.  I still drool.  The titular if this was a night, it was the best one of our lives could now be what you name a Facebook photo album, but they still get that one.  Every word sung in "Q" is breathtaking.  Even though Matisyn no longer fronts the band, I'm still anxious to get my hands on their latest release.  He gave us two incredible albums, and among them, one song that I will never stop listening to.

No comments:

Post a Comment