Wednesday 9 May 2012

Felix - Oh Thee 73

Lyrics found here

You know how I love me some minimal music with powerful vocals and lyrics?  It's happening again, people!  The UK's Felix, a three-piece indie collective, knows the exact way to my heart and back again, and they've done it with their delicate "Oh Thee 73."  It's the track in a set that a band slows down to bring you back down to Earth, but little do they know, it keeps sending you up into the clouds.

Friday night is the worst night to be alive, would you help me get out of the firing line?

"Oh Thee 73" is exactly what I've said it is.  Quiet instruments (they're still there) and vocals and lyrics that take center stage.  The lyrics, especially; that's how Felix got me.  Electro, how retro, dancing at the disco, I am the tempo.  "Oh Thee 73" has a tinge of sadness and another tinge of regret to it, but that's what makes it brilliant.  After all, if you can't convey emotion through music, what are you really trying to do?

2 comments:

  1. Hi LauraLove!
    I woluld to know the whole lyrics of the song, it is possible? Thanks ^^

    ReplyDelete