Wednesday 17 October 2012

Alt-J - Breezeblocks

Lately it seems that I've been listening to a lot of quirky indie and alternative music.  Not a lot is as quirky as The Burning of Rome, but this isn't a competition.  Leeds collective Alt-J falls into the quirky category today; their blend of alternative and indie mixed with something special has been playing on my ipod for the last few weeks, ever since "Breezeblocks" was free on itunes.  It's rare for their free songs to be good enough for a feature from me, so congratulations, Alt-J.  You've joined the ranks of Lana Del Rey, Fun., Django Django and Bahamas.  The vocals of "Breezeblocks" are quick and low, interlaced with minimal instruments and a sample of sound here and there.  You can hear the artistry if you listen closely enough.  So go ahead.  Listen.

Please don't go, I need you whole.  I love you so.

No comments:

Post a Comment