Tuesday 30 October 2012

The Epilogues - Hunting Season

I've found that lately, my bread and butter of music has been slowly reverting back to alternative rock.  Not completely, don't you worry, but I find myself enjoying a lot of the new stuff that's been coming out of the genre lately.  It's a pretty awesome thing to watch a genre evolve, and thirteen years after getting into the music scene, I have to say that I hope it continues to evolve.  But enough sentimental guff, let's get to the music.  The Epilogues is an alternative-slash-indie band out of Denver that remind me of Radiohead and New Found Glory jamming together stateside.  "Hunting Season" is their big hit right now, and with good reason.

If an alt band can employ the use of synth in its music, then I'm all for it.  It doesn't overwhelm "Hunting Season;" it's just a happy add-on.  My favourite part is the vocals of lead Chris Heckman, though he's got the lush guitars behind him in a close second.  Wait...this is another lush rock post?  Well there you go.  Some things are simply meant to be, and it's those things that's make any day a little more enjoyable.  So go ahead, enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment