Friday 26 October 2012

Mr. MFN eXquire - Igloo

It's a good day to listen to rap today.  Well, that's how I feel every day, if you really must know.  This week I was lucky enough to get my hands on Mr. MFN (Muthafuckin', if you've read my blog before) eXquire's The Man In The High Castle, a mixtape of epic proportions.  What I like about it is that it actually isn't as aggressive as his older work ("Huzzah" for example), and this is the kind of growth I love to see in artists.  "Igloo" was the first song I chose to listen to, and it's still the one that stood out the most to me.

"Igloo" is subdued, but don't worry, you'll still love it.  The background beats are interlaced with the yawn of the string section, something I'll give Mr. MFN eXquire some props for.  Dear rap artists of the world, don't be afraid to take risks!  "Igloo" is also the place to find some slick rhymes, and a place to remember that the rap genre hasn't been ruined by the likes of Lil Wayne or 2 Chainz.  Artists (yes, because that's what he is) like Mr. MFN eXquire are the ones that need to be out there for the masses to hear.  It's as simple as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment