Wednesday 31 October 2012

Sick/Sea - Robot

Everyone's doing something Halloween-themed today, but I'm going against the norm.  I celebrated Halloween on the weekend, so it's just another Wednesday to me.

Sick/Sea is the kind of band you'd want to hang out with after the set and chat about music over chai tea.  This Texas triad knows their way around indie-pop (more indie than pop though), combining some sweet vocals with some jazz rock guitar work.  Lead Audrey Scott falls into the same category as my other indie darlings like Bebe Black and Laura Stevenson.  "Robot" is their hot commodity right now, rife with artistry and crafty lyrics to boot.  It swings and follows through, so what more can we ask for?  It's also approved by my roommates; I was listening to "Robot" the other day and one girl asked that I send the song to her.  Case closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment