Tuesday 2 October 2012

Diamond Rings - Runaway Love (Stars Remix)

After yesterday's unpleasantness, why don't we try something new?  Very new.  Toronto electro monger Diamond Rings (a.k.a John O.) has an album coming out later this month known as Free Dimensional, and I'll be damned if I don't get my hands on it.  I have a few of his tracks already, but none stood out to me as much as one.  "Runaway Love" is something special.  Don't get me wrong, I like the David Bowie stylings of the original, but when rcrdlbl gives me a remix, nine times out of ten it's golden.  This time it comes courtesy of one of the best Canadian musical groups to ever appear on the scene, the always-lovely Stars.

Stars takes "Runaway Love" and does a 180, a 60, and then a 30 until you don't know which way is right any longer.  The 80s-tinged original is slowed down here, and John O.'s vocals are intermingled with Stars vocalist Amy Millan.  The remix is an electro ballad taken to a place you weren't sure existed before.  It's simply brilliant, and you'll swoon over the lyrics (I wanna burn my name in your heart, I wanna lose control).  It's a Facebook status waiting to happen, so what are you waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment