Monday 1 October 2012

Tarja Turunen - My Little Phoenix

You may be tired of my Nightwish posts, but this is not one of them.  This is all about Tarja today, so don't even think about giving me any guff.  During a casual peruse through Youtube last week, I came across some of her solo work, and frankly intrigued, I had to take a look.  On her own, Tarja is free to go wild with her rock opera bits.  After all, it's what she does best.  "My Little Phoenix" stood out to me based on a few things.  Atmosphere, lyrics, vocal prowess...you know this woman can sing, people.  Simply out, you've got a fine piece of symphonic metal that has a few indicitive things: quieter verses with rising power to the chorus.  My fave.  And don't worry if you're a fellow Anette-ophile, you'll still like this.



PS: UMMMMMMMMMMM okay so I guess my ability to stay in touch with music is terrible now because I literally just found out 10 minutes after posting this that Anette is leaving Nightwish!  What is this world coming to, and what is this cruel irony that compelled me to blog about Tarja today?  Witchcraft, I tell you!

No comments:

Post a Comment