Saturday 27 October 2012

The Birthday Massacre - Down

You should have seen this one coming, people.  If you listened to all of the songs from my Musical Days of the Week post, you probably would have wondered how "Down" could be included and not have its own feature.  Well...drum roll, please...because here it is!  Technically speaking, it may be Shoegaze Saturday today, but I'm willing to make an exception for Canadian synthrock.  Wouldn't you?

"Down" comes from The Birthday Massacre's new release, Hide and Seek, an album I wouldn't mind asking for come Christmastime.  It combines two things I love in one complete genre.  Synth, of course, and hard rock guitars.  I'm in heaven, and lead Chibi's vocals are dreamy-cloud-nine material here.  Well, she goes hard for the chorus of "Down," and I can't argue with that and my go hard or go home attitude.  She puts it best in the lyric we'll never see the light til we step into the dark.  There are few instances where music moves me the way "Down" has.  Things don't get more perfect that this.

No comments:

Post a Comment