Monday 8 October 2012

Dominic Lord - Wrong For Right

Yesterday I got my one-in-396-posts heavily personal blog post.  I'm allowed to have one, people, but don't worry that I'm getting soft on you all.  The prospect of breaking 400 posts has me excited and eager to blog, and today, it's back to melancholy rap.  This time it comes courtesy of former A$AP crew member Dominic Lord.  His EP Fashion Show is rife with modernized rap; there's nothing too gangster here, and that's how I like my rap on days like this.

On "Wrong For Right," Mr. Lord chooses toned-down rhymes over the aggressive variety, and I'm quite a big fan of it.  While melancholy rap may not be right for this particular track, the subdued qualities keep it out of in-your-face-territory.  The chorus is what got me into this, with the looping you need the wrong for the right, right?  Hell, how will you know you're right if you don't know what's wrong?  This is in no way wrong, people.  "Wrong For Right" is right every time, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment